HA!HA!HA! Didn't mean for Wordless Wednesday to turn into Wordless MONTH! LOL
The beginning of the school year (what we call "launch") is super hectic with 10-12 hour work days, 7 days a week. It's been crazy!
But, today I said to heck with work and finished refashioning this shirt for DD.
I started with this:
It was an old man's shirt (not like an "old man with a cane", but an "old" shirt that a man would wear - LOL).
I first took off the collar which left me with a stand up band-collar (sorry I don't know what those are called - maybe a mandarian collar?).
I took the breast pocket off, added a stripe of solid turqouise to the top of the pocket for accent and repositioned it on the lower right front of the shirt.
I cut a couple inches off each side seam to make it a little more fitted and curvey. Can't make it TOO fitted though as DD is still growing.
Then, I took off the sleeves. I shortened those and added the solid turquoise band at the bottom to make them more girly. (There is a thin turqouise stripe which runs through the plaid on the shirt.) When I reattached them, I did a little gathering at the shoulders.
Finally, I added a slightly gathered stripe of the turqouise on each side of the button placket to give it more color. (Well, actually it's main purpose was to cover up a spot that I couldn't get out.) I wanted it to be more ruffled and puckered, but after I had attached it, I wasn't about to take it back off.
I would have liked to cut the bottom to make it straight, but DD wanted me to leave it curved.
Here is the final refashion: