Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year 2009 (A few days late)

I know, I know....It's already 4 days into the new year and I titled the post Happy New Year. I've been busy......PLAYING.

Our family has the need to extend Christmas for as long as possible due to location, step-families, in-laws, etc. So, we've had several celebrations throughout the past week.




Boy does the tree look wimpy. It really does look better in person and at night with the lights on - I promise!

CHRISTMAS DAY - Off to pick DD up from her dad's to bring her home. She opened her gifts and checked out her stocking and then the gang arrived for the party. The gang being: Grandmother, Grandpa, DS and Girlfriend. We had a pasta bar meal (spaghetti and meatballs with marinara sauce, tortellini with alfredo sauce, garlic bread, green beans with turkey bacon, pies, and lemon cake). YUM! But, DS just lost 30 pounds and says that "carbs are evil" so he and girlfriend didn't eat as much as the rest of us.

He's also for some reason decided that cameras are "evil" too.

Then, it was on to opening presents...

Me (Oh Wow! I need some color in my face. I look like a ghost.)



DD and the cat who decided he needed in on the action.

DS and Girlfriend (DD and I made that chef's hat for him.)

Grandpa - No, we didn't MAKE him sit on the floor. He wanted to.


Mother/Grandmother - Snuggled up on the couch.


Oh, forgot to mention that it SNOWED!!!!!!!! It SNOWED!!!!!! It SNOWED!!!!!! On Christmas Day, it SNOWED!!!!!!! DD and I were so excited that we danced in the kitchen!

Since I'm just starting this blogging thing and this very simple post has taken me WAY LONGER than it should have to create, I will continue with the rest of the celebrating later...........(To Be Continued)

EDITED on April 13th......Well, now that Valetine's Day and Easter have both come and gone and I have yet to "continue" sharing our Christmas celebrating, I think I'm going to skip it this time. You lucked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment