Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Library Shelf: Didn't My Skin Used to Fit?



I'm not actually finished with this book yet, only half way through, but I just had to share something.

This book is a total spoof on life after forty, and it is HILARIOUS! Why? Because I can relate to it, if not from personal experience, then from the experience of those around me.

For instance, Chapter 16 is titled "Thanks for the Memory....Loss". The first paragraph on page 70 reads:

"What I don't get is why our memory has to go on the blink at a time when we're given so much to remember. Our doctors tell us to take three of one pill four times a day, four of another pill three times a day and one of yet another every ten hours for twelve days. How are we supposed to remember all that?......"

Well, I think Dear Ole Dad (DOD) has that one all figured out. Just look at this:

Yep, you're seeing it right. He's got alarm clocks lined up, set at different times throughout the day, with the pills he is supposed to take at said times on top of the appropriate alarm clock. Weird or Genius? Hmmmmmmmm..........

When I took this picture, I though weird, but it seems that Ms. Martha Bolton has been contemplating this very thing and put it in her book. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment